AUGUST 25th & 26th
Lace up your kicks and be one of hundreds of players in the Long Island Nets’ first ever 3×3 Tournament Weekend!
Never played? Haven’t played in a while? Been playing all your life? It’s time to grab your team, lace up your shoes and sign up today! Teams are computer matched into male and female divisions ages 8 and older and then reviewed by hand and placed in the following categories: Youth; Recreational and Competitive and Adult; Recreational, Competitive, and Top Gun. The age and height of all three to four players are taken into consideration when the team is placed into a category. This event only happens once a year so make your plans now.
Not playing? There will be plenty for people of all ages to do during the Long Island Nets Hoop Fest including a Sneaker Show, Inflatables, Backyard Games, Food Court, Vendor Tables, DJ, and more!
Regular Registration Open Now through August 17, 2018 for $160.00 per team.
Entry fee (3-4 players) must accompany your registration form. All entry fees are non-refundable. The team captain will receive verification that the registration form was received alone with the team check-in procedures. Deadline to register is Friday, August 17th. Please note, all participants will be required to print out the waiver on the registration page, fill it out, and bring it with them on check in day.
T-SHIRTS & AWARDS
All registered players will receive a Long Island Nets Hoop Fest 3×3 Tournament T-Shirt, a minimum of three scheduled games, a ticket voucher for 4 free tickets to any Long Island Nets game in November 2018 or December 2018, and lots of fun! Awards go to the 1st and 2nd place finishers per division.
On Friday, August 24th, a team representative needs to check-in at the Geico Main Entrance at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum from 5:00PM to 9:00PM to pick up your participant T-Shirts & Team Schedule. All participants must bring their printed and filled out waivers with them to check-in day.
- Teams can consist of three or four players: three starters and one substitute
- All players must be age 8 or older
- Adult teams (at least one player over age 18) will be placed into divisions based on similar height and average age of all team members on roster. Youth divisions are grouped based on the oldest player on the team
- No roster changes may be made after a team starts its first scheduled game
- All teams are guaranteed at least 3 scheduled games
- Games are played on a half court using official Long Island Nets 3×3 Rules
- Scoring: One point per basket; two points for shots made behind the designated 20 feet line. First team to 16 points, with a two-point lead wins; OR, the team ahead after the 30-minute time limit wins. Possession alternates after each basket made
- Long Island Nets Hoop Fest 3×3 Tournament Staff reserves the right to verify any player’s height or age. Inaccurate information is immediate grounds for disqualification of the entire team. EACH PLAYER MUST CARRY PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION (Birth Certificate for minors)
- Long Island Nets Hoop Fest 3×3 Tournament reserves the right to reduce the number of scheduled games, or shorten games, due to unforeseen circumstances, including weather